Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call For Abstracts
- We are cordially inviting you to submit abstracts for the 14th Asian Congress on Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (ACOMS 2020) to be held in Singapore from 23rd-25th October 2020 at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre.
- There will be two types of presentations, namely free paper oral presentation and poster presentations.
- Registration to the ACOMS 2020 is a pre-requisite condition (see Registration Guidelines), if you intend to submit an abstract for either oral or poster presentation.
- Abstracts for oral and poster presentation must be submitted online only. We will not accept any other forms of submission.
- The deadline for submission will be strictly followed. No abstracts will be accepted after the deadline.
- The submitting delegate for the abstract will be considered as the primary author / presenter.
- Original research and case reports that have not been previously presented or published elsewhere are eligible.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on the final mode of presentation.
- Eight (8) submissions per category will be shortlisted for Best Poster Award Competition.
Theme And Topics
The official theme for ACOMS 2020 is “Perfecting the Present, Innovating the Future”. As such, delegates are strongly encouraged to keep the focus on future innovations while submitting their abstracts aligning to the topics below
- Dentoalveolar surgery/ Nerve injuries/ Osteonecrosis
- Dental Implantology and Grafting
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Craniomaxillofacial Trauma
- Head and Neck Oncology
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Cleft and Craniofacial Anomalies
- Orthognathic Surgery/ Facial Aesthetic Surgery
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- TMJ Disorders and Surgery
- Navigational / Robotics Surgery
- Tissue Engineering/ Research/ New Technologies and Education
Nursing / Ancillaries Personnel Topics
- Inventory management
- Infection control
- Equipment maintenance
- Alternative and complementary treatment methods
- Abstract submission closing date – 29th May, 2020
- Email Notification of abstract acceptance – within 8 weeks of submission
Instructions for Abstract Submission:
- Abstracts must be in English, typed in Microsoft Word, Times News Roman font size of 12.
- Abstracts will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Edit your abstract to avoid errors and mis-spellings. Your abstract may be rejected if not comprehensible.
- Ensure that the abstract form is completely filled out before submission.
- Title: It should be informative and concise.
- Author/s: Give the full name of the authors and co-authors.
- Institution/s: Indicate the name and address of the institution/s where the research work was carried out.
- Potential conflict of interest must be disclosed in the presentation.
- For research with human subjects, the author should mention if approval from institutional ethical review committee was obtained.
- Text (must not exceed 300 words): Abstracts should be adequate and contain pertinent information describing the contents of the scientific paper.
- Abbreviations, acronyms and symbols should be defined the first time they are used. Place the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word.
- Use generic names of drugs.
- Format of the abstracts
- Original research: Background, Objective(s), Materials and methods, Results, and Conclusion. Case report: The Abstract should be structured into three sections: Background, an introduction about why this case is important and needs to be reported; Case presentation, brief details of what the patient(s) presented with, including the patient’s age, sex and ethnic background; Conclusion, a brief conclusion of what the reader should learn from the case report and what the clinical impact will be.
Notification Of Authors
Notification of authors will be communicated by 15th July, 2020. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to the primary author only. This person, should in turn, disseminate the correspondence to all co-presenters.
For enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the ACOMS 2020 Scientific Committee at: email@example.com
Step 1: Online registration for 14th ACOMS
Step 2: Submission of abstract via this link - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MFJJVBT